After using my old-timer model in the previous demo (with physics) I noticed the wheels were not as transparent as they should be. The problem was pretty easily solved. I set the Transparancy to ‘Clip’ and it was fixed. As I was already prepared to spend a lot more time on transparency, I decided to test the alpha quality and shadow map when using alpha’s.
To spare you the boredom of reading. I compiled a few images and a video to demonstrate my first night of playing with Alpha/Transparency.
Result of changing transparency mode to ‘Clip’
Close up shows black lines around the spokes, this is due to my (bad) texture skills :P
Quick patch-up in Photoshop, adjusted the texture file (removed most of the blackness)
Quick overview of the effect when changing Transparency value.
Video: Some fun with lighting and shadows using Alpha Textures.
That's it for today, if you have any questions or comments, please post them below...